Dissertations are a very exciting part of anyone’s life; however, they are also the most troublesome. Coming from someone who’s written a dissertation before; they compare it to misery even. Oh Lord, that’s just an exaggeration. You only need a few good tricks and you’re good to go:
- Make sure you have milestones to reach: Yes, like on the highway when we assess how far we are from the destination, we can also set certain goals in our dissertation writing. “Write the abstract by June 5” or ‘Complete the experiment in a weeks’ time’ can be good objectives to follow. This makes sure that you’re on the right track, as well as being extremely smart about how to carry out a dissertation.
- Be malleable: well, not you! The goals must be of flexible nature so that even if you miss a deadline or cannot reach a milestone in the aforementioned time, you can still progress without any hefty penalty upon your dissertation.
- Don’t be shy to ask for assistance: We’re all human and we all are prone to mistakes. If you mess up or you’re in some sort of trouble, don’t hesitate to ask. First of all, go to your academic supervisor who has been officially assigned to assist you. If you’re not satisfied, you can move onto peers or other teachers that might ease your worry. Even then, if you feel that you need extra attention, dissertation help online learning services are always present. Check out blogs, websites, courses and what not.
- Be confident about your work: Don’t let someone coax you into thinking that your work is meaningless or that your research is worthless. If you’re doing this dissertation by heart, then also learn to stand up for it. Yes, listen to advice, say hello to criticism; but only to learn from it, not be thrown to the ground because of it.
- Keep yourself hydrated: And that doesn’t only mean that you should drink a lot of water. A healthy mind can only be generated off a healthy body. Do not work 12 hours straight; do not miss that party uptown. Learn to manage your time, and learn to ease up that burden on your shoulders. Everyone needs a break once in a while!
- Don’t get too relaxed: On the contrary of getting too worked up is getting too laid back. If you think that you can pull off a dissertation in the end of the coursework, I’m sorry you can’t. You need to start working from day one to achieve a commendable thesis. Sitting back and relaxing may seem amazing at first but when the adrenaline rush takes over when the final deadline is nearly there, you’ll certainly regret it.
All in all, life is about balance. Whether it is a husband wife relationship or a student dissertation affair, you must know how to balance between struggling and relaxing. Only when you make sure that you you’ve cracked the code, is when you can produce a praiseworthy project and sustain your mental strain.